The Locks of the Island of La Loge - Saint Germain Boucles de Seine

The Locks of the Island of La Loge
1 rue du général Leclerc
78380 Bougival

+33 (0)1 39 69 21 23

Three locks built in the 19th century to restore the river traffic.

The construction of the lock in 1838 was to restore river traffic, at the time where the Second Machine de Marly was built.

Situated between the Island of La Loge and Gautier Island, Bougival’s old lock is 113 m long and 12 m wide (on the Gautier Island side).

In 1879, owing to the increase in traffic, a small lock (in the middle) 55 m long and 8 m wide was opened for so-called express boats.

Then in 1883, a third lock, 220 m long and 17 m wide was built (on the Island of La Loge's side). It is one of the largest in France.

Location

Openings

All year round, daily.

Prices

Free access.

Review

No reviews available.

Leave a review

not to be missed