Le Grand Trianon du Vésinet, le Palais Rose - Saint Germain Boucles de Seine

The Grand Trianon of Le Vésinet: the Palais Rose
14 allée des Fêtes
78110 Le Vésinet

A treasure in the heart of this green Parisian suburb, the Palais Rose recalls the architectural style of the Grand Trianon and offers a splendid view of Le Vésinet's Lac des Ibis.

Built around 1900, the edifice has had many owners, including Count Robert de Montesquiou, who extended the property with a park, in which he placed urns and statues, as well as a rotunda, known as the Temple de l'amour, which houses the vessel that had been the marble 'bathtub' in Madame de Montespan's apartment at Versailles.

The poet welcomed a great many artists at his receptions, including Claude Debussy, Maurice Rostand, Colette and Jean Cocteau.

In 1923, the house was acquired by Luisa Casati before being sold again, in 1934, to Auguste-Eustache Leprévost. The Musée de Versailles took advantage of this sale to buy back the marble bathtub. Part of the temple had to be demolished – it lost its cupola – to extract the bathtub, which is now housed at the Orangerie.

Location

Openings

Open only on special occasions, such as the Journées Européennes du Patrimoine (European Heritage Days).

Review

No reviews available.

Leave a review