Musée du Domaine royal de Marly - Saint Germain Boucles de Seine
Musée du Domaine royal de Marly
The residence of Louis XIV - Discovering the other "Palais du Roi-Soleil".
"The King, tired of the beautiful and the crowd, convinced himself that he sometimes wanted the small and the solitude" Saint-Simon. This is how Marly was born!
The Domaine royal de Marly museum reveals the history of this castle with its atypical architecture, 12 pavilions framing a 13th ... that of the king of course!
The works reveal the history of this castle and its gardens, in the light of the remains visible in the park, of this "Water Palace", supplied by the Seine thanks to the 8th wonder of the world, the Marly machine.
Throughout the course, you will discover the uses of Marly, the atmosphere of this residence and the entertainment offered to courtiers. Finally, we will reveal to you the reasons for the disappearance of this residence which makes the park of Marly a place of reverie.
To enrich your visit, the route is punctuated by various mediation devices which provide additional insight into the objects presented.
At the heart of the route, visitors are invited to experience a unique event: a virtual reality experience. "The Royal Eclipse" plunges the visitor into an unusual event. He witnessed the solar eclipse of May 3, 1715 alongside the king himself. The visitor then becomes a privileged guest: a guest at Marly.
Every day throughout the year.
Closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Full price: € 7
- Reduced price: € 5 (12-25 years old, Large families, Person with a disability and his companion, Job seekers, Beneficiaries of minimum social benefits, Members of the Le Vieux Marly association, Friends of Versailles, Subscribers of Versailles .)
- Free (Under 12, Museum curators and lecturers, Culture and ICOM Card holders, Journalists, Members of the Friends of the museum association.)
- Adult and child group rates: Adult groups: € 7 / person if a group of 7 to 12 people / € 5 / person if more than 12 (and up to 25) // Child groups: it is a flat rate depending on the chosen activity (guided tour: € 75 for the class, workshop visit: € 220)
- Adult group package: guided tour: € 130 / Sunday € 150 (to which the individual entrance fee must be added)
- Bulk ticket office: for works councils: tickets to the Domaine royal de Marly museum if grouped purchase ≤ 70 places: 6.00 / from 71 places: 5.50 €.
No reviews available.