Park of the Barns of Barry - Saint Germain Boucles de Seine
Park of the Barns of Barry
The Barns of Barry were part of the castle that Louis XV had "offered" in 1769 to Madame du Barry to "enjoy her life during her life". The castle park then descended to the Seine.
In 1974, the commune of Louveciennes acquired the Parc des Granges du Barry and opened it up to Louveciennes by setting up a tennis club, games and a restaurant there.
This park is a haven of peace and freshness much appreciated by visitors where biodiversity is preserved with the installation of beehives, nesting boxes for birds and bats, a refuge for hedgehogs and an insect tower.
In 2019, two new activities are set up, eco-grazing with the installation of Ouessant sheep and the creation of the educational circuit of trees with more than 20 labeled trees.
In 2020, the park will be classified as a refuge zone of the LPO (League for the protection of birds).
On site, you will also find the restaurant La Parenthèse Verte for lunches and dinners in a green setting.
All year round, daily between 8 am and 10 pm.
- From December 24 at 6 p.m. to December 26 at 8 a.m.
- From December 31 at 6 p.m. to January 2 at 8 a.m.
- August 14 and 15.
Free of charge.
No reviews available.