Centre hospitalier Théophile Roussel - Saint Germain Boucles de Seine

Centre hospitalier Théophile Roussel
1 Rue Philippe Mithouard
78360 Montesson

01 30 86 38 38

The Centre hospitalier Théophile Roussel stands in a huge park of 32 hectares (79 acres) containing a wide variety of plant life. It was opened on 25 June 1895 by French President Félix Faure.

At the time of its creation, the establishment was intended to replace the Parisian Peitite Roquette prison, which housed young offenders. In 1902, it was transformed into an 'école de préservation' (a juvenile detention centre for girls), the first of its kind in France, and was named after Théophile Roussel.

In 1974, it became a public mental health institute specialising in juvenile and adult psychiatry.

Guided tours of this historic place are often available on Journées Européenes du Patrimoine (European Heritage Days), sometimes supported by exhibitions and films.



All year round, daily.
Establishment devoted to hospitalised patients.


Free of charge.


No reviews available.

Leave a review