The hidden treasure of the Hôtel de ville de Port-Marly: the Salle des Mariages

The hidden treasure of the Hôtel de ville de Port-Marly: the Salle des Mariages
13 avenue Simon Vouet
78560 Le Port-Marly

01 39 17 31 50

The painted decor by Simon Vouet's studio displayed in the Salle des Mariages of the Hôtel de ville de Port-Marle still holds many mysteries.

The Hôtel de Ville, previously known as the Château des Lions, received its painted decor in around 1827. It was originally conceived for the rooms of the Château des Colombes but was destroyed in the 19th century.

Note, in particular, the 'Amours de Vénus et de Bacchus, Vénus entourée des nymphes...' created by Simon Vouet's studio in around 1648.

The place can be visited on occasions such as the Journées Européennes du Patrimoine (European Heritage Days).

Location

Openings

Every day throughout the year.

Review

No reviews available.

Leave a review